Saturday, July 12, 2008

The First Day of the rest of our lives


A Big Congrats must go out to the graduating class of 07-10-26 at SDCI! (from left to right)
Maurice- you have such a big heart! You are a loyal friend and always able to make me laugh! Keep out of trouble and you'll be a huge success!
Oscar- your flavor combinations will always astound me. always relaxed, chilled and real, reasonable and calm- you will make a great executive chef one day and be an amazing leader to your brigade!!!
Sam- Your kindness and quest for perfection shows in everything that you do and will shine and showcase your talent in the kitchen!! Your commitment to being a team player is always 100%. When in doubt, Sam always steps up to the challenge even if there is not enough hours in the day to get it done!!!
Dara- to the funniest, most vibrant gal! You always put a huge smile on my face. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with out you!!! You have always run circles around me in the kitchen and you are gonna run one of the most efficient, fun kitchens this industry will ever see!!!
not pictured because they decided to transfer to the day class and ditch us! =P
Abraham- PIMP DADDY!You have sooo much perseverance and I envy you for that! You are always down to learn- always listening and soaking everything in. You are gonna kick butt even if you are a lefty!
Danielle- Your dishes always awe me! Always calm and doing her own thing, you always end up with the most perfect dishes. Your talent is natural and graceful!

I also wanted to thank our chef instructors.
Chef Lewis- you have been an inspiration to me from the first day I met you in my interview! Your knowledge, wittiness and commitment to your students is amazing. You have been an integral part of making my culinary aspirations come true and I could never thank you enough for the opportunities that you have given me. I never thought in my wildest dreams that the conversation of training at a Michelin star restaurant in my interview could become a reality. You made that dream become a reality! Thank you for always having faith and confidence in me!
Chef Waefler Thank you for wupping us into shape! Yes we may be the tattle tail class but can we help that we expect everything to be clean, put back into the right place and done the right way? You opened our eyes to the reality of kitchen life. Your abundance in experience and knowledge, your devotion to your students shows every day in class. I will miss you so much!!! " Open eye!!!"
Chef Kai- the walking encyclopedia!!! Thank you for being such a great teacher. I always love your lectures because I learn sooo much about not only the attributes of food but why it happens- to better grasp how to work with the material. Without this basic foundation, we wouldn't be able to apply it further. You always make class fun and relaxed! Thank you for always going above and beyond to make sure that we as students get everything that we possibly can out of school.
Chef Brill- Thank you for always letting us explore our own creativity. You always challenge us to think about the material and how to re-apply it. Class is always enjoyable with you and our dishes always turn out to be some of our favorites with you! Thank you for always pushing us towards our own independence to help us build up our confidence!
to Johnny and Lena- thank you for all of your hard work and late nights! SDCI would not be able to run with out you. I will miss your chicharrones and pancit!!!

No comments :