Wednesday, August 6, 2008

British Advertising Adjectives

Ok, I'll give you guys a break from Space Invaders today.
The British have a funny way of describing things. In a way, they are too descriptive. Here are just a few examples from our refrigerator.
*disclaimer. I was told that ASDA is owned by Walmart. Seeing that Tescos, Waitrose and the Mark & Spencer were all shut, I didn't really have a choice. I won't do it again. I promise.
as opposed to "fake" mayonnaise... and the bottle is soft plastic, obviously a squeeze bottle. How else would you get the mayo out???

Juicy bits???? what about country style or with pulp... Juicy bits just sounds bit wrong...
Very large.. what ever happened to just the XL sign on the left hand side of the box? I also like the fact that they highlight the fact that the eggs are from "British Farms" and the chickens are " Free to roam in the fresh air during the day".

No comments :