Thursday, April 22, 2010

Marrons.. Mmm.. the obsession continues!



So I've had roasted Marrons (Lugano autumn chestnut festival) , I've had Marron Glace (candied marrons), Japanese chestnuts (smaller but not necessarily sweeter than their European counter parts, Vermecelli marrons, chestnut cake, chestnut mousse.. but SAVORY chestnuts? I've never seen this one before! I had to try it.

Made the best way, the cooked chestnuts are just lightly sauteed, butter melted over them, a little salt and chopped parsley. They were absolutely addicting (so much so I am going to make them for my parents). To accompany the soft sweet morsels, my boyfriend's mom also made duck confit and pomme puree.. I'm sure I have gained about 5 kilos because of her fabulous cooking.

If you ever want a quick, side dish-- this is the way to go. Delicious, quick and filled with vitamin c, potassium and iron... a new marron recipe to add to my Marron obsession!

No comments :