Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIY Vinyl Record Wedding Seating Displays

Keeping up with our vintage music themed wedding, I thought it would be clever to do something with the gramophone as part of the seating displays. I played with a few ideas like hanging notes on string made to look a musical score like it was coming out of the gramophone but due to the uncertainty of where we would hold the dinner (we wanted it outside on the terrace but were not sure the weather would hold up), I decided the safest bet would be to do something more simple.

I had already asked my mother in law if she had any old vinyls that I could use to decorate (wasn't sure where yet) and she came up with a whole box of her old records that had been sitting up in the attic.  I decided that this was going to still work with the gramophone - to have floating records of different lengths in front of the gramophone. 
© Blanc Coco Photographe
For the table numbers, I simply printed them and cut them out.  I cut circles out of sheet music paper (just large enough to cover the existing label) and glued the numbers on top.  For the names on the back of the Vinyls, I printed them on tan colored paper (the same ones that I used to make the program and thank you gift cards with) and used a circle template I had cut out of cardboard.


© Blanc Coco Photograph

To string the fishing wire through, I heated up the tip of a needle with a lighter until it was glowing red and poked a hole into the tops of the vinyl.

Easy as pie! and the result was exactly what I was hoping for :)


©Blanc Coco Photographe

No comments :