Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lace testing

Yes, I am one of those evil owners who puts my cats in costumes.

In my defense, Ghost was the one who decided he wanted to help me with my lace cutting by burying himself into the pile. Isn't he adorable?  He may look unhappy but secretly he loved the photo shooting session (at least this is what I tell myself).

Ghostinette de Aquitaine 
I was using the lace we found up in the attic to decoupage onto jars for the wedding centerpieces and candle votives.  I had made two different decoupage pastes.  I found that since the lace was much heavier than the sheet music, a mixture of 1 part white glue to .5 part water to decrease the viscosity of the glue was necessary.  Using just white glue was too pasty and heavy causing the lace to bunch of and have unevenness when it dried.

We had been saving our little yoghurt pots (ok, so maybe we ate more yoghurt than we usually would during this period) which made perfect little votive holders used to decorate everywhere!

© Blanc Coco Photographe.  More of some of our antique treasures that we have collected over the time...
I had originally found some of this thicker boarder lace but found it too heavy to decoupage onto the delicate votives.  It did go quite well on Ninjette but she's wasn't a huge fan of being dressed up like a girl (she is a total tomboy).


"Take this thing off of me before I scratch you!"
the lace votives were a nice easy touch to the wedding.  Stay tuned for further posts on our herb pots and other DIY twine, lace and sheet music jars!

No comments :